A: The best kind of fondue pots are the electric ones because you can control the temperature easier than on a gas one.
But as you won't be using it much you may as well
What is hot?
- Swissmar Fire Gel 33.8-Ounce Fondue Fuel
- Great for Fondue pots with paste burners
- Made in Switzerland
- Also suitable for lighting charcoal- fueled barbecues
- Casa Moda "S'mores" Maker
Kitchen (Lifetime Brands)
- Powered by chafing dish (not included)
- Includes toasting grill, stainless-steel lazy susan, and ceramic ingredient holders
- Washing by hand recommended to preserve all parts
- Nuwave PIC - Precision Induction Cooktop with Complete Cookware Set
Major Appliances (NuWave)
- The lack of any open flames or hot coils greatly reduces the risk of household fire or personal injury.
- The PIC has 6 different pre-programmed temperature settings, but has the flexibility to cook at 52 different temperatures between 100°F and 575°F, adjustable in 10-degree increments.
- The Complete Cooking Package includes 1 3.5-quart Stainless Steel Pot with premium vented tempered glass lid, 1 Stainless Steel Steamer Basket, 1 9-piece Fondue Kit and the PerfectGreen Fry Pan Set, which includes 1 9-inch omelette pan and a 10 ½-inch sauce pan, which can be used with the glass lid too.
How do you cook meat in a fondue pot without using oil? | Work Wasters
The normal use of a fondu pot is NOT to cook foods. Its main purpose is to keep gravies, sauces and other liquid seasoning mediulms (barbeque, terreaki, etc.) hot. The meats should already be completely cooked (and mildly seasoned) and cut into cubes or pieces of managable sized pieces.
Trying to use a fondu pot as a deep fryer is dangerous with the close proximity of hot oil and open flame. It can even be used to liquify jams & jellies for fondu style deserts.
As you use the fondu pot you will think of a whole range of uses for it’s unique abilities from melting chocolate to cheese sauces to a variety of meat toppings, e.g., Sweet & Sour Sauce or Hickory Smoke Barbeque
For health reasons the meats to be skewered and dipped into the fondu should be kept in covered containers that are maintained at not less than 160 degrees Farenhiet. Hot foods should always be kept above 160 and cold foods below 40 to prevent possibility of spoilage and/or food poisioning