A: You right for the most part they don t sell any thing but Marble threshold s at the big box stores.. Thresholds are a good idea for a couple reasons.. It makes for a good transition between the 2 flooring types. And another reason that if you should
What is hot?
- UniFlame WAD820SP 34-Inch Slate & Marble Firepit with Copper Accents
Lawn & Patio (UniFlame)
- Beautiful-looking outdoor firepit made from slate and marble
- Includes heavy steel grate, easy-lifting spark arrestor, and wrought iron stand
- Measures 34 inches in diameter; weighs 58 pounds; 1-year limited warranty
- StoneTech BPSS12-32 BulletProof Stone Sealer, 1-Quart
Home Improvement (Granite City Tool)
- Provides coverage for up to 100 square feet
- Delivers maximum protection for natural stones
- Protects up to 5 years on interior surfaces
- Neiko Heavy Duty 5-Piece Diamond Dust Hole Saw, Tile Glass Marble slate Tool
Home Improvement (Neiko)
- Set is ideal for drilling clean and accurate holes
- The diamond coating on these saws give superior performance and life
- Sizes: 5/32, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2-inch
- Pro Shot Industrial Re-Newing Floor Restorer, 32-Ounces
Home (Pro Shot Corporation)
- Fills scratches and rejuvenates dull spots
- Lasts for months
- Seals and dries to a clear brilliant finish
- DuPont StoneTech Professional Revitalizer Cleaner and Protector 24-Ounce Spray, Citrus Scent
Home Improvement (Granite City Tool - Drop Ship)
- Great for countertops, citrus scent
- Built-in sealer makes surfaces easier to clean
- Great for stone countertops and everywhere else
Slate tiles over existing wood fireplace. Adhesive questions??
I have an older fireplace (1950) that is painted corrugated wood. It’s the only way to describe it, sort of like corduroy or old asbestos siding–think ridges.
The are that it encompasses is about 1 foot in wide. My dad gave me a box of slate tiles he had left over from refacing a front stoop and I would like to adhere these to the wood around my fireplace , grout it etc.
I have a tile saw (and a husband not that I need one for this ) so the size, etc is no trouble. I just wish to know what kind of adhesive to use. As it’s a vertical surface it much adhere immediately so it doesn’t slide off.
Would liquid nail type of stuff work? I’m going to either Lowes or Home Depot in a few hours but would love some ideas before I go. Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your input–have you ever done something like this?