A: Ah, the joys of renting out houses! I'm glad I don't do that these days.
If you're just doing it as a temporary measure, what you're describing will probably work for you. Just realize it will only be temporary at best. Also, make sure you run
What is hot?
- Toro 38361 Power Shovel 7.5 Amp Electric Snow Thrower
Lawn & Patio (Toro)
- Durable plastic body; metal handle; minor assembly required
- Cleans down to the pavement; lightweight at just 12-1/2 pounds
- Cuts up to 12 inches wide and 6 inches deep in one pass; throws up to 20 feet
- Rubbermaid 5E28 Deluxe Tool Tower Rack with Casters, Holds 40 Tools
- Easy to assemble with no tools needed
- Tool rack stores and organizes over 40 tools
- 4 casters (2 locking) for easy mobility
- Toro 38381 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric 1800 Power Curve Snow Blower
Lawn & Patio (Toro)
- Number 1 Brand of electric snow thrower in the US
- 160-degree adjustable chute deflects the snow in different directions
- 15 amp electric snow blower for sidewalks, walkways, and other residential areas
- OEM-190-833 Fast Attach 46-Inch Snow Blade
Lawn & Patio (Arnold)
- No tools required; skid shoes and scraper blade are easily replaceable
- Dozer blade fits all MTD lawn and garden tractors (except MTD/Yard-Man Revolution 2001 and after)
- Adjustable skid shoes allow blade height to be set 2 inches above ground level
- Garelick 89421 21-Foot Aluminum Snow Roof Rake With 24-Inch Blade
Lawn & Patio (Garelick)
- Removes weight from snow from your roof to prevent eave damage
- Won't damage shingles
- 21-foot reach using 4 easy snap together sections
Snow means big business for some stores
Starting on Friday, stores became busy with shoppers stocking up on supplies for the forecasted wintry weather. Employees at the Lowes on Grey Lag Way in Lexington say, in particular this morning, many people were looking for snow shovels.
By Noon today they had sold more than 50 and by late afternoon were sold out. That's not the only supplies shoppers were looking for.
Doug Gamble of Lowes says, "Snow shovels of course, rock salt, driveway heat, ice scrapers. I think a lot of people lost those over the summer. Things like that. Last night we were probably busier than even this morning with people preparing for weather. Probably our busiest time I'd say."
Sleds have also been a big hit with customers who were wanting to get out in the snow. Most stores prepare for wintry weather ahead of time, so once it hits, you can easily find what you need, such as the shovels, de-icer, salt, and scrapers.
As for winter supplies, employees at Lowes say they have more shipments coming in to keep items restocked.